D130 Lawn Tractor
The D130 combines dependability, durability and power in every aspect of its construction, including a Briggs & Stratton engine, a fully welded steel frame, and a cast-iron front axle.
Operating the mower is a breeze, too, with an ergonomic operator station, quality headlights, and an infinite choice of ground speeds.
Easy to Own. Easy to Operate. Easy to Maintain. The D130 Lawn Tractor.
D130 Lawn Tractor Key Features
Engine is powerful and smooth-running V-twin design
A 22-horsepower* Briggs & Stratton® V-twin engine has plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions:
- V-twin cylinder design for greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality
- Electronic ignition for fast starts
- Cast-iron sleeves for longer engine life
- Overhead valves for excellent power and fuel economy
- Full-pressure lubrication and oil filter for cleaner oil, prolonging engine life and extending the time between oil changes
- Also more effective when operating the tractor on an incline
No-tools oil drain valve provides easy access for oil changes.
*Engine horsepower is provided by the engine manufacturer for comparison purposes. The actual operating horsepower will be less.
Briggs & Stratton is a U.S.-registered trademark of Briggs & Stratton Corporation.
Frame made of full-length welded steel for reliability
Solid one-piece frame
The solid one-piece frame is constructed of 12-gauge (0.11-in., 3.0-mm) steel:
- Full-length robotically welded frame design has high-strength steel rails for added strength and long life.
- One-piece fender deck is bolted to the frame.
Cargo Mount system makes installation of rear bagger and other attachments easy
Rear CargO Mounts
Front CargO Mounts
Sun canopy is mounted with CargO Mounts
The CargO Mount system is a combination of front and rear mounting points providing convenient and easy installation of the sun canopy, rear bagger, and other attachments.
Cast-iron front axle will not bend
Front axle and wheel spindle
The front axle is constructed of solid cast iron that will not bend:
- Automotive-like steering system with sector and pinion steering gears and dual drag links provides a very strong, low-effort, and tight-turning system.
- Grease fittings allow regular lubrication to help maintain easy steering and minimize wear.
- Large, 3/4-in. diameter wheel spindles provide excellent durability.
Hydro/automatic drive gives an infinite choice of ground speeds
Hydro/automatic foot control pedals
A Kanzaki® Tuff Torq® hydro/automatic transmission gives an infinite choice of speeds and makes changing the direction of travel easy:
- Automotive-type accelerator provides infinite speed selection for the ultimate in operator comfort and convenience.
- Pedals have a different shape and motion for easy identification and increased safety.
Appropriate transmissions are used in each model, depending on rear tire size and tractor performance requirements to ensure excellent performance and reliability:
- Tuff Torq T40 - D110, D120, D130, D140, D150
- Tuff Torq K46 - D160, D170
Standard cruise control (D120, D130, D140, D150, D160, D170)
Cruise control lever
Easy-to-use cruise control option maintains the tractor's speed for mowing larger areas.
- To engage, lift up on the cruise lever and hold it until your foot is removed from the forward pedal.
- To disengage, lightly press and then release the forward pedal.
- For emergency stops, cruise can be released by pushing on the brake pedal or pushing down on the cruise control lever.
Kanzaki is a U.S.-registered trademark of Kanzaki Kokyukoki Manufacturing Company. Tuff Torq is a U.S.-registered trademark of Tuff Torq Corporation.
Hood will not dent or rust and includes quality headlights for good visibility
UV-resistant JD Loy hood
Quality headlights for good visibility
The hood is made of injection-molded, UV-resistant JD Loy polymer:
- JD Loy material is tough and durable.
- Will not dent or rust
- Color is molded in for long-lasting good looks.
- UV-resistant JD Loy material resists fading.
- Openings on the side of the hood let in plenty of cooling air while keeping the sound level low.
- Two headlights provide good lighting for nighttime operation.
Operator station designed for comfortable operation
Comfortable operator station
Fender extensions add style and protection
Ignition switch is on the dash for starting ease.
Wide footrest areas with non-slip, anti-vibration rubber footpads are provided for operator comfort and safety.
High-back seat mounted on adjustable suspension
High-back seat gives extra operator comfort. It is especially helpful when operating the tractor for extended periods of time.
- Seat can be easily adjusted forward or rearward while in the seat, with seat travel of 5-1/2-in. and 10 different positions
- Seat can be tilted forward for protection from the elements and to provide easy access to the fuel tank
Beverage holder (shown on D160)
Storage compartment (shown on D160)
Beverage holder and storage compartment is found on the right side fender for added value and operator convenience.
Fuel tank has gauge to show fuel level from the operator seat
Fuel tank gauge
The fuel tank gauge allows the operator to tell how much fuel is in the tank without leaving the seat:
- Easy to check fuel level
- Convenient location
- Capacity is 2.4 gal. (9.08L)
- Large, 3-in. diameter fuel-filler opening
- Easier to fill tank without spilling.
- Tethered fuel tank cap is more convenient.
- Sealed fuel cap keeps vapors inside the tank.
- Instead of a fuel tank vent, a carbon canister collects and absorbs fuel vapors and routes them to the engine, when it is running, to be burned.
- The tractor has a CARB-certified engine that produces less air pollution.
Reverse Implement Option (RIO) allows operator to mow while backing up if deemed necessary
Mowing while backing up is strongly discouraged.
An operator who deems it necessary and chooses to keep the mower (or other implement) engaged while backing up should first bring the tractor to a stop and look behind the tractor to be sure there are no bystanders. Then actuate (push in) the RIO button. The RIO button must be held down in the reverse implement position as the shift lever is moved into reverse (reverse foot pedal is depressed on automatic drive model)
The operator may then release the button and the mower will continue to operate while they are backing up and also when they resume forward operation. The next time the operator chooses to keep the mower engaged while backing up, they must repeat this procedure. If the mower (PTO) is engaged and the operator shifts into reverse or depresses the reverse pedal prior to pressing the RIO button, ignition to the engine will be shut off. The engine will stop unless the operator either pushes on the RIO switch or shifts out of reverse.
If the engine does stop, the operator must return the mower engagement (PTO) switch or lever to the ''off'' position, depress the brake pedal, and then turn the ignition switch to restart the engine.
The Edge Cutting System gives superior performance
42-in. mower deck
The Edge Cutting System has been trademarked to emphasize the advantages of the John Deere mower deck designs. They give the mower superior convenience, performance, and reliability.
The 42-in. two-spindle, three-in-one mower is constructed of 12-gauge (0.105-in., 2.7-mm) steel for long life:
- Deep-deck mower design lifts grass for a clean, even cut.
- Smooth underside of mower prevents grass buildup and evenly disperses grass clippings.
- The rolled outer edge of the deck provides extra strength and protection.
- Dual-stage E-coat and powder paint coatings provide extra protection from rust.
- No tools are required to go from mulching to side discharge to rear bagging.
- Mulch cover is an optional attachment.
- High-performance mulch plug is an optional attachment.
The mower deck has a rolled lip to provide greater strength and protection.
A patented blade-to-spindle design provides a unique mounting system for the mower blade that gives extra safety and convenience.
A cut-and-throw 6-1/2 bushel rear bagger is sold separately.
Mower wash port
Mower wash port
Mower wash port with hose connector
A wash port is provided to make cleaning the underside of the mower deck easy:
- A hose connector is included with mower deck.
StarLock™ blade design
StarLock blade design
The StarLock blade design keeps the blade bolt at the correct torque for easy removal.
Optional blades for difficult mulching or bagging conditions are available.
Mower deck height adjustment
Mower deck height adjustment lever
Spring-assisted, low-effort lift lever simplifies setting and adjusting the mower cut height:
- Increments of 1/4-in. allow fine-tuning the cut height.