D105 Lawn Tractor
The New D105 Lawn Tractor features an automatic transmission. Just like with your car, you simply set your direction with the fender-mounted hand control and press your pedal to select your speed.
D105 Lawn Tractor Key Features
Powerful engine features full-pressure lubrication for long life
A 17.5-hp (13.0-kW) single-cylinder engine has plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions:
- Electronic ignition for fast starts
- Cast-iron sleeve for long engine life
- Overhead valves for excellent power and fuel economy
- Anti-vibration system
- Full-pressure lubrication and oil filter for cleaner oil, prolonging engine life and extending the time between oil changes
- Also more effective when operating the tractor on an incline
- Large fuel filter for trouble-free operation
No-tools oil drain valve provides easy access for oil changes.
The Edge™ Cutting System gives superior performance
The Edge Cutting System has been trademarked to emphasize the advantages of the John Deere mower deck designs. They give the mower superior convenience, performance, and reliability.
The 42-in. (107-cm) two-spindle, three-in-one mower is constructed of 13 gauge, 0.090 in. (2.3 mm) steel for long life:
- Deep-deck mower design lifts grass for a clean, even cut.
- Smooth underside of mower prevents grass buildup and evenly disperses grass clippings.
- The rolled outer edge of the deck provides extra strength and protection.
- Dual-stage E-coat and powder paint coatings provide extra protection from rust.
- No tools are required to go from mulching to side discharge to rear bagging.
- Mulch cover is an optional attachment.
- High-performance mulch plug is an optional attachment.
The mower deck has a rolled lip to provide greater strength and protection.
The blade-to-spindle design provides a unique mounting system for the mower blade that gives extra safety and convenience.
A cut-and-throw 6.5-bu (229-L) rear bagger is sold separately.
Mower Wash Port
A wash port is provided to make cleaning the underside of the mower deck easy:
- A hose connector is included with mower deck.
Starlock™ Blade Design
The StarLock blade design keeps the blade bolt at the correct torque for easy removal.
Optional blades for difficult mulching or bagging conditions are available.
Mower Deck Height Adjustment
Spring-assisted, low-effort lift lever simplifies setting and adjusting the mower cut height:
- Increments of 0.25-in. (0.64-cm) allow fine-tuning the cut height.
Frame made of full-length welded steel for reliability
The solid one-piece frame is constructed of 12-gauge, 0.11-in. (3.0-mm) steel:
- Full-length robotically welded frame design has high-strength steel rails for added strength and long life.
- One-piece fender deck is bolted to the frame.
Automatic transmission makes it easy to choose the exact travel speed for each operating condition
The automatic transmission allows the operator to easily choose the desired forward or reverse travel speed, simply by depressing a single foot pedal; this is similar to the way the driver of an automobile with automatic transmission changes speed when depressing the accelerator.
No matter whether a slow speed for trimming or faster speed for open-area mowing is desired, the operator can easily adjust, by how far the foot pedal is depressed.
With the brake pedal depressed and the forward/reverse lever in the center park or the forward position, the engine can be started. Once the engine is started, it is not necessary to use the brake pedal when selecting forward or reverse or when changing direction of travel. Simply move the forward/reverse lever to select travel direction, and then press the automatic foot pedal to choose from an infinite number of travel speeds.
With the automatic speed control pedal, the operator can choose from an infinite number of speeds forward or reverse:
- Forward: 0 to 5.5 mph (0 to 8.9 km/h)
- Reverse: 0 to 3.2 mph (0 to 5.1 km/h)